Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Do you have a brother?

Here is the conversation that JP and I had last night. I had been wondering when it would happen and what I would say....

JP: Mom... do you have a brother?
Me: Yes... I have 2 brothers. Uncle Chris and Uncle Scott are my brothers.
JP: Oh. So Daddy has a sister?
Me: Yes... Aunt Kat is Daddy's sister.
JP: Are my brothers at school?
Me: No.. your friends are at school. You have lots of friends.
JP: Why don't I have a brother or sister?
*deep breath*
Me: JP, not everyone has a brother or sister. It's OK if you don't have one. You know what? When your mommy and daddy had you we loved you soooo much that we didn't want to share you with anyone else!
JP: Oh!  That's a GREAT idea!!!

(phew)

He liked that response and I must say that so did I! :)  ( and so did Jim when I told him about it)


HAPPY NEW YEAR!! We are now at Lilley's Landing and JP and I are waiting for Jim to come up to "Ocho" from loading the boat and we're going out to dinner! :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I wouldn't want to share him, either. ;) HUGS, Mom...you did good.