Friday, January 2, 2009

You caught a WHAT?

We had a great time fishing today... the most exciting thing that happened was when JP actually HOOKED and reeled in his very own trout! Usually we hook them and let him reel them in. Not today! He was so excited!

Reeling in his big catch!

Jim helped him unhook it, of course...
Mr. Smiley with HIS fish!
A nice mean-mouth bass:
A very LARGE small-mouth bass:

So I caught alot of trout as well but at one point I was hung up. I thought my jig was caught under a rock but then it came free and I reeled it in and realized it was hung up on someone's old line. So I got untangled and pulled on the old line (I had the hook end) and was wondering what was on the other end. After a few tugs I pulled in a FISHING POLE!!!! It was pretty funny. Too bad it's a POS fishing pole but hey... a catch is a catch!!!

2 comments:

Gramzy said...

Am so proud of JP for catching a fish all by himself! He has had good teachers! Nice catch Mom!
Gramzy

Sarah said...

I can't believe JP and his fishing prowess. And I'm DYING over your catch! :D What's next, a tire?