Wednesday, April 15, 2009

JP the Rock Star!

Yes, JP is a rock star. He rocked it at the dentist today. I am SOOOO proud of him! Remember back in October when he would only sit in my lap? No chair... no masks... no brushing... He ONLY let them count his teeth. And that was not an easy feat. Today?  With just a little encouragement he sat in the chair and laid back so she could count his teeth first. She even had her mask on... no issue with that! Then she asked him what flavor of toothpaste he wanted so she could brush his teeth and he chose..... chocolate! LOL! I would have thought he'd go for the grape like his Mom. :)  He got a bit nervous when he heard the brush but once she started he was fine. Until the sucker came out. He cried a bit over that and screamed (not LOUD screaming but loud enough) and I convinced him it was still ok and he let her finish. Then she did the bottom. No problem. He even let her floss. WAY TO GO JP!!!!! He waited patiently so Dr. Susan (she is SO nice... we love her) could come in and check out his teeth. She was so happy that he did so well and of course praised him about it. She commented on what gorgeous and healthy teeth he has been blessed with... I can't even imagine having to get a cavity filled with this kid!  I am over the moon happy with how well he did. This is our family dentist so I think when I go back in September it's a day he's out of school so he can go and watch/hang out. He was so funny today because when he was done he was looking in all of the rooms to see all of the people getting their teeth brushed. 

My boy is growing up!!!!!

Do you think it helped that I bribed him about his visit? If he did everything they said he could pick out a new Wii game. Of course I kept bringing that up during the cleaning for motivation. Hey, whatever works, right?

What game did he pick? The new Vacation Sports game. It's cute... he'll enjoy it!

3 comments:

Gramzy said...

I think JP does better at the dentist than Grandpa Jim does. Way to go JP! Gramzy is so proud of him too.

Aunt What said...

Good job JP! Dentist are our friends (usually). Can't wait to play the new Wii game.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that JP did such a great job at the dentist! Marian did great for her first check...but we haven't had a cleaning yet, and I'm a bit nervous. How's the new wii game? We all know who it's really for. ;)