Friday, February 19, 2010

911, What's your emergency?

JP had school conferences last week and one of the questions they had asked him at some point was, "who do you call for an emergency?" JP had said he pushes the red or blue button on the alarm but it brought to my attention the fact that he needed a quick tutorial on calling 9-1-1. So... I taught him about 911 and when to call... if mommy falls and can't get up, if there is a fire, if mommy can't wake up, etc. I only have to tell him something once so he was on board and knew what to do. He already knew his address and phone number so this was easy. Fast forward to today...
I got in at midnight last night and was taking care of some business from my trip until who knows when so I was quite tired today and needed a little power nap. I told JP I was going to take a nap and he said OK... he was playing the Wii. At some point I guess he called to me from the other room and when I didn't respond he picked up the phone and called 911!!! He was on the phone with them and was walking into my room giving his address and I woke up and realized what was happening. Luckily I was able to convince the operator that everything was fine and I did NOT need help before he hung up the phone. It is quite a funny story, really... but I must say that I was a bit embarrassed!!! :p

No comments: